Installing and Using Cisco AnyConnect VPN - Microsoft WindowsThe Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is used to make a secure, direct connection to specific SolutionHealth resources.
The primary use of the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client is to allow authorized users to connect directly to desktops or shared servers using "Remote Desktop Connection".
- You must have the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client installed on your Microsoft Windows device (see below).
- You must be enrolled in the Duo MultiFactor Authentication System and have your enrolled smartphone available.
- Refer to the main Remote Access Help Documents for additional information.
1. On your Microsoft Windows device, download the Cisco AnyConnect VPN client from the following location:
CISCO ANCONNECT VPN CLIENT - MICROSOFT WINDOWS
2. Once the download is complete, locate and run the AnyConnect "MSI" file. Click "Next" to begin the install.
3. Accept the license agreement and click "Next".
4. Click "Install", wait for the installation to complete, then click "Finish".
5. Once the installation is complete, locate and launch the "Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client" in your Windows Start Menu.
6. Enter "vpn.solutionhealth.org" in the connection window and click "Connect".
7. Select the desired group, enter your network login and password, then click "Ok"
Password: EHS or SNH Network Password
IMPORTANT - If you receive a certificate error, you may safely ignore this error.
8. When prompted, approve the login request using the Duo Multi-Factor authentication app on your smartphone.
9. You should now be connected to the SolutionHealth Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
10. To connect to your work desktop or to server resources, you will need the "fully qualified name" of your PC or desired server.
11. Locate and launch "Microsoft Remote Desktop" using your Windows Start Menu.
12. Enter the "fully qualified name" of your PC, or to connect the the SNHMC "IVE" enter "tscluster.snhmc.org". Click "Connect".
16. If prompted to "trust" this connection, select "Don't ask me again" (optional), then click "Connect".
17. When prompted, enter your network login and password and click Continue.
- If you normally log into a Nashua/SNH computer or to use the SNHMC "IVE", use "NTMC\username"
- If you normally log into a Manchester/EHS computer, use "ELLIOT\username"
18. You may be prompted that the "identity of the remote computer cannot be verified. Select "Don't ask me again" (optional) and click "Yes",
19. When you are done, you may disconnect from the remote PC or server and disconnect from the Cisco AnyConnect VPN.
20. Procedure complete. Great Job!